Saturday, September 2, 2017

Book Review -- Touching Spirit Bear

Touching Spirit Bear (Spirit Bear, #1)Touching Spirit Bear by Ben Mikaelsen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This is one of my top YA books for the summer! I picked it up reluctantly from a coworker who recommended it, but then I was gripped. I could not put this one down and I tore through it. I didn't it want it to end. Talk about a story that stomped all over my heart. Themes here include change, and finding one's true self even underneath all the garbage. Redemption is another one. This is a book that teen boys would enjoy, and it really strikes a chord with troubled youth. Run, don't walk to read this book!

Parents and teachers -- Wilderness survival and violence, teen to teen violence, no swearing but some other strong words, tense situations, no inappropriate physical relationships. Ages 11+

No comments:

Post a Comment