Monday, July 17, 2017

Book Review -- Guts

Guts: The True Stories behind Hatchet and the Brian BooksGuts: The True Stories behind Hatchet and the Brian Books by Gary Paulsen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Disclaimer....I love Gary Paulsen books. I've loved every one I've ever read. He has a way of writing that seems so normal and plain, but once you stop to look more closely, you realize how rich it is. This book is an excellent choice for those who've read Hatchet or any of the other Brian books because Paulsen tells the tales of his own life that played into his writing of those books. I think reading "Guts" at this time also sparked some extra interest in me because we just took a trip out west this summer. I was able to relate to his tales of the wilderness adventures since we had been in the wilderness. I think this book is most enjoyed by those who've read some of his other works, but even if you haven't, this is a well-written book with the "real" adventures of Gary Paulsen. Fantastic. Ages 10+

No comments:

Post a Comment