Monday, September 4, 2017

Book Review -- Wildwood

Wildwood (Wildwood Chronicles, #1)Wildwood by Colin Meloy
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

5 stars for the richness of the writing, 3 stars for the rambling story. Seriously, this book needed to be 150 pages shorter. I liked it...great story and plot, but it was too long. By the last 100 pages I was skimming. I loved how the author used language and the word choice was amazing, but if Tolkien can get Bilbo to the Lonely Mountain and back in less than 500 pages, then Meloy should be able to do that here, as well. I recommend this book if you have the patience for 541 pages.

Parents & Teachers - fighting and war violence, children on epic adventure with no parents present, no foul language, no inappropriate physical relationships. Ages 10+

No comments:

Post a Comment