Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Book Review -- The Wednesday Wars

The Wednesday WarsThe Wednesday Wars by Gary D. Schmidt
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The pacing of this book wasn't quite what I expected, but once I fell into it, I really enjoyed this book. It's not high-action, but yet enough happens here to move the story. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes it's sad, and a few times it's outright frustrating. (I hated the main character's father.) I loved how Shakespeare was used throughout the book. I think it's one quality that would make this book endearing to older YA readers. There's a lot to consider with this story, especially considering the time period it's set in. All in all, I think that this is a high quality piece of writing that the YA crowd can really sink their teeth into.

Parents & Teachers -- Nothing objectionable here. Fine for all kids. Ages 12+.

No comments:

Post a Comment