Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Book Review -- The Nest

The NestThe Nest by Kenneth Oppel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Not gonna lie, I got a bit creeped out during part of this book and it had to do with swarming wasps. I'll leave it at that and let you read the book to find out what I'm talking about. All in all, I enjoyed this book as I do most of Kenneth Oppel's writing. It was a very original idea, and that makes it stand out in a crowd. Certain middle schoolers might find this book off-putting because it does get intense in the second half. I wouldn't recommend it to a gentle crowd. Others will find the main character's struggles with anxiety and social issues relatable. I "enjoyed" it, and I put that word in quotes because I'm not sure it's the right one. Let's say the book stuck with me and disturbed me a bit. So, there definitely is a quality about it that makes me say, "Well done, Kenneth Oppel, well done." Ages 10+.

No comments:

Post a Comment