Monday, January 29, 2018

Book Review -- The Graveyard Book

The Graveyard BookThe Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

So, I knew who Neil Gaiman was because of the movie Coraline (which I only watched the beginning of because it was so creepy), but I'd never read any of his work. I heard about this book from a list of YA "must reads," so I decided to give it a whirl. Well. I was captivated! This story absolutely grabbed me right from the first chapter. It was a creative idea (human child raised in a graveyard by ghosts), and it had just the right mix of creepy but with heart. I loved, loved, loved it. Five stars all the way, and Mr. Gaiman is now an author I plan to read more of. Teachers and parents...supernatural horror situations, physical violence, no strong language, no inappropriate physical romance. 13+ for sure. 12 and under with caveats. Not for the 12 and under gentle crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment