Friday, March 24, 2017

Book Review -- Cinder by Marissa Meyer

4 out of 5 stars -- It started out a little slow for me, but picked up at the midpoint. This book has an interesting premise, loosely based on the Cinderella story, but set in the future and with the main character as a cyborg and social outcast. I wish some of the details were more fleshed out, especially about Cinder. I had trouble envisioning what she really looked like. I'd also like more about the setting. So many parts could've been written in much richer detail. Obviously, this is also a series, so the end of the book is not really the end of the book. I'm interested in seeing where this goes, so will likely keep reading.

Parents & Teachers -- Nothing inappropriate here. Sixth grade and up.

No comments:

Post a Comment